Monday, September 04, 2006


The Black Cemetery Cat

I like to take my camera with me when I visit graveyards. I was the only living person wandering around in there yesterday and I like it that way.
Following the narrow paved roads slowly in my car, the sound of the engine amplified as it bounced off each large headstone I passed. A few dried leaves had already fallen from the massive oak and maples which shade the cemetery and I was startled by how loud they crunched under my tires.


.

Hills and valleys make up the grounds and I found myself following a desending trail that seemed to leave the graves behind. At the bottom of the hill there was a clearing and I noticed movement. This black cat who appeared to have recently given birth was watching me from a safe distance. She looked extremely thin, but had a sleek elegance about her. I had my camera ready and zoomed in to take a few shots but I was wishing I had something with me for her to eat. I left the cemetery and headed for the nearest store, choosing some moist ocean flavor cat food in a little plastic container with the pull-off foil top.
Upon my return however, she was no where to be found. But the food is still in my car and I plan to go back there again...soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters