Thursday, April 20, 2006


This wild turkey (a female I think) stopped by for a visit on Monday. She came almost to the back door of our garage and this view is when she noticed me with my camera. As she quickly began to move off into the woods, I made a bit of a gobbling sound and the reply to it was something that sounded like "keck!" Later that day when having lunch with my son, he mentioned that it was the first day of turkey hunting season. Maybe this visiting turkey was looking for a place to hide out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent photo! We occasionally have wild turkeys wandering through our yard too - usually in groups of three or four. One day there were three wandering around on the road and we had to wait until they decided to clear off. Apparently turkeys don't respond well to car honks - LOL!

Thu Jun 01, 12:57:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters